Welcome to Petoskey Schools’ Employment Page
To apply for an open position:
- Please click on the open position to go to the electronic application.
- Attach cover letter, resume, references, transcripts and teaching certificate (if applicable) to your electronic application.
- Address correspondence to Mr. Chris Parker, Superintendent.
- Any application packets not following the listed requirements or that are incomplete may not be reviewed.
The following positions are open for the 2021/2022 school year. Candidates must meet all state and federal certification requirements.
- Please click on job title to apply
NOON HOUR MONITOR - ELEMENTARY
Playground/cafeteria supervision, Monday - Friday, 1.5 hours per day, 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
This contracted position will begin upon completion of new hire paperwork.
If interested, please contact Cal Prins at 231-348-2110, or email@example.com.
Deadline: Open Until Filled
OVERVIEW: Support a 2000-workstation, 2000 laptop, and 20-server (voice, video, and data) environment serving approximately 3000 users with e-mail, inter/intranet services, security, printing, and applications. Also responsible for all peripherals such as laser printers, plotters, scanners, and digital cameras. Installation, upgrading, maintenance, and troubleshooting of software will also be required.
- High school diploma; Associate's Degree in Computer Science preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software.
- Ability to identify different technologies such as projectors, port types and cabling.
- Comfort working with multiple platforms such as iOS, iPadOS, Windows, macOS, and Chrome OS.
- Familiarity with Google Workspace for Education.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good communication skills.
- A pleasant, positive attitude, and an interest in helping staff and students (including those with special needs).
- Ability to achieve further certifications deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board of education and Director of Technology deem appropriate and acceptable.
Deadline: Open Until Filled
Description: Final candidates will work with students, as required, during the school year. Preferred applicants are experienced in assisting with student academic support and general management (as instructed by the teacher). Qualified candidates must have at least 60 college credits.
This third-party contracted position will begin with the 2021/2022 school year 7 hours per day. Benefits available for purchase through EDUStaff services.
- Deadline: Open Until Filled
This position will serve as the supplemental support system for all Native students at the Public Schools of Petoskey; including but not limited to:
- Academic support
- Counseling support
- Cultural awareness support
- High school diploma and post secondary education
- Preference given to post-secondary education in the fields of education or counseling.
- Michigan teaching certificate preferred, including an understanding of the Michigan Academic Standards and an awareness of the IEP process for students with special needs.
- Training and/or experience in counseling, education, social agency work or tutoring with Native students and families.
- Knowledge of Native American history, culture, and sovereignty.
- Knowledge of the Title VI Education Grant process.
- Ability to effectively communicate with students, staff, parents, Tribal Governments; including, but not limited to, the Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians Education Department.
- Ability to keep all student and family information confidential.
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude.
- Self-directed with the ability to be flexible working with varied schedules and student needs.
- Valid Driver's License.
If interested, please contact Ron Griffin at 231-348-2344 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If interested, please contact Joel Dohm at 231-348-2104 or email@example.com.
VARSITY BOYS GOLF ASSISTANT COACH
SOCCER PROGRAM ASSISTANT COACH - BOYS
SOCCER PROGRAM ASSISTANT COACH - GIRLS
JUNIOR VARSITY WRESTLING COACH
MIDDLE SCHOOL WRESTLING COACH
Food Service Positions
If interested in applying for a position, please contact Beth Kavanaugh at (231) 348-2183 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
COOK - 6.5 Hours/Day - Petoskey High School
COOK HELPER - 4.5 Hours/Day - Petoskey High School
COOK HELPER - 4 Hours/Day - Petoskey High School
COOK HELPER - 3.25 Hours/Day - Petoskey Middle School
Interested in becoming a bus driver? Contact Rosetta Stanley at (231) 487-9632
Alcona Behavioral Health Positions
Please visit Alcona Health Center for more information.
Substitute Teaching Positions - Daily
All Substitute Teachers for the Public Schools of Petoskey are contracted with EDUStaff. Please contact EDUStaff, to begin the process, at www.edustaffonline.com or call 877.97.GOEDU (46338).
The Public Schools of Petoskey offers a Substitute Longevity Bonus. For every 20 full days working as a substitute teacher, the district will pay the substitute $100. This bonus is paid at the end of each semester.